These are both effective marketing activities that your employees can participate in to; increase sales, enhance brand authenticity and employee engagement.
Whats the difference?
- Employee Advocacy: Exposure employees generate for brands product and services, using online assets such as social media, and messaging apps.
- Social Selling: Team members engaging with prospects as they guide them through their brands buyers.
Individuals can participate in either acting on behalf of your organisation separately or you can use both methods to increase your organisations reach, build trust with your customers and generate more leads.
What are the benefits?
- Employees are able to reach more people beyond their corporate social media channels
- Employees messages are more authentic and trustworthy, giving the company a ‘human’ persona
- Advocacy initiatives can reward employees and can increase employee engagement
- Encourage brand ambassadors and helps to enhance their personal brand.
- Emphasise their company’s core brand values and authenticity.
Have a look at the advocacy statistics.
- Company branded messages have an extended reach of up to 561 % (MSL Group)
- Most employees have an average of 850 social media connections across the various social networks (Neilson)
- Companies with engaged employees outperform those without by over 200% (Social Media Today)
- Over 60 % of employees in a formal advocacy programme credited it with developing new business (EveryoneSocial)
- Over 30% of high-growth firms have a formal employee advocacy programme (PostBeyond)
Not sure how to go about setting up a formal program and measure success, as part of your social media marketing strategy? Give us a call we are here to help.
The benefits of social selling.
- Your team are positioned as the go-to resource and can build trust with customers by showing they understand the business and believe in the product or service.
- The team continuously learn more about their customers and their industry sector.
- Social selling allows them to engage with their customers throughout the buying journey enhancing communication and building relationships.
- Salespeople who use social media outsell their peers by 78%
- Salespeople and brand advocates are 57% more likely to get a 23% increase in leads
- Engaged employees are twice a productive
- 80% of engaged employees are responsible for 80% of customer satisfaction.
Imagine the benefits to both employees and the organisation if you combine social selling with employee advocacy!
For more information on the process of employee advocacy, social selling, or social media marketing strategy as part of your Digital journey with us, we are always available for a chat.